As the last few weeks of winter is biting our toes we thought that we’d remind you of why Knysna in the Garden Route is a must visit destination in 2019.
1. Knysna’s beautiful regrowth and community spirit. After the fires of 2017 mother nature has sprouted some beautiful Flora including Fynbos, some that has been found or seen in the area before, making it very exciting for botanists and “greenies” alike, it is important to remember that many fynbos species bloom in the winter and if one sits quite for just a few moments, you will experience the extraordinary bird life that has returned to the area, including our magnificent Giant Kingfishers and a hooray of Birds of Prey, including Black Shouldered Kites.
2. Knysna’s charm. The town is re-building and that old Knysna charm is returning to a town that has an amazing community we have all seen pull together and stand strong in the face of adversity.
3. Oh! did I mention THE WHALES ARE BACK?!? Yep, one of the best destinations to do whale watching in the country. Knysna also offers a variety of boat cruises and sailing charters.
4. Weather! To top this “good feel” town off we would like to remind everybody of our moderate winters, our temperatures rarely go under 10 degrees Celsius and we usually have pleasant afternoons, some days we have what we refer to as “berg winds” which brings warm lovely dry winds, meaning some of our winter days can reach up to 30 degrees Celsius. If that’s not hot enough for you, well, Hurley House has an amazing indoor fireplace that heats up this beautiful domicile pleasantly on any romantic rainy winter days that we may have left in 2019.
5. The Knysna Forest. Food for the soul take a stroll in our beautiful indigenous forest, you may even be so lucky to spot the famed and mysterious “last” Knysna elephant. A Maitriarch that many believe to be the last living elephant in the Knysna forest. For those who are more active Knysna and the surrounding area has some of the most beautiful scenic hikes in the country.
ABOUT HURLEY HOUSE
Surrounded by a lush green garden and exceptional views of the Knysna Estuary, the house has its own private access road and electronic gate. Luxurious furnishings include an indoor fireplace, a private deck with BBQ facilities, as well as a firepit.
Hurley House has three bedrooms, one king size extra length bed, one Queen Size extra length bed and two single beds. Every room has goose down inners, electric blankets and heaters.
The house provides a comfortable stay for 6 people and also makes the perfect romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners. The house has ample secure parking with an excellent security system and 24h response on standby.
Hurley House is fully equipped with quality appliances to make your stay even more enjoyable. The Kitchen has a Fridge/Freezer, a toaster, microwave, coffee machine, a kettle, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.